December 19, 2006

she said yes!

Samantha and I had a wonderful weekend and I'm sorry for not posting this earlier. It ended up being such a busy weekend that I needed a day of rest. To start off with, Sam knew it was coming--she had conceived the design of her ring, and had tricked me into telling her which weekend the proposal would be on--so the only surprise I had in store was where we were going and what we'd be doing. It took me a while to figure that out myself. There's so many places to go in this area that I had several ideas before settling on a weekend in the Berkshires. The draw to the Berkshires is that, in the area where we stayed, there is a renowned art college--Williams College--that houses a wonderful museum, as well as the largest contemporary art museum in the States, Mass MOCA. An added bonus was my finding Eric Carle's Museum of Picturebook Art in Amherst, which was a 1 & 1/2 hour drive away. So it was a weekend filled with museums but they were small and very specific museums, which made it like going to a very large and encompassing museum over a two-day period. All of them were great fun.



Sam says I faked her out on how she thought I'd propose. I had a box of chocolates where she thought the ring would be hidden, but it was really in the menorah case. After I proposed we took some pictures of Sam showing off her new ring, which she can't get her eyes off of. Since there were a lot of pictures we took, I'll link to them here so I won't take up precious blog space.





Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,

No comments: