December 2, 2006

Mozilla vs. MSIE

So I wanted to post to my blog last night, because Sam had gone to bed early (I could never blame here--which one of us could deal with 30 different children 8 times a day for 30 minutes at a time?)--but I wasn't able to blog because the new Internet Explorer (release 7) that I had downloaded took a turn for the worse. I was really excited about it at first, as it's a beautiful-looking and very handy browser. Then it started to get cranky. The last straw was when it dropped Java scripts and didn't give me text formatting options (which are Java-based) when I posted this blog. So I went out and downloaded Mozilla's Firefox and everything is back to normal. Thank god Microsoft hasn't taken over the world just yet . . .

As an aside, is Mozilla a contraction of Mothra and Godzilla? Unfortunately, it's not--see the explanation here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And being open source, there are a ton of supa kewl addons. My screen looks like a kindergartener's imagination vomited over my desktop. Now, if you just get a mac, you'll be in fine shape.

kisses

Mike said...

you're absolutely right about the add-ons. it's interesting that netscape navigator had to fail before it could become successful in the underground. guess they were trying too hard to be like microsoft.