March 30, 2007

don't start me talking, i'll tell you everything i know

Good news on the job front--I went in yesterday and interviewed for the cataloging position at the Boston Public Library and, pending background check, have been offered the job. It's a temporary position but a good way to get my foot in the door . . . that and it's great money! I never figured I'd be making this much on a part-time job while still in college. The people I'd be working with are great, too--it was a relief to find some librarians who work blue.

So, in celebration of my new job, I'm sharing my good will and posting two new songs! Aren't you the lucky one? I was just listening to an old "best of" disk of Sonny Boy Williamson that I've had for years but never listen to and was reminded of a great song: "Don't Start Me To Talkin'." Really, I wanted to play "Fattening Frogs for Snakes" for you, but this song works better. While listening to Sonny Boy play that wicked harmonica, I was reminded of a version of the song I had heard John Minton play--and remembered that I had a recording of it on disk! It was from a show he played at the now-defunct Toast and Jam, a coffee shop in Fort Wayne I used to frequent. So here they are, in all their greatness, Sonny Boy Williamson's version and John Minton's version of "Don't Start Me To Talkin'." Enjoy!



Technorati Tags: , , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: