January 29, 2007

I thought that was funny?

Just wanted to make my apologies for the last two really terrible posts. I think not being in school has allowed me the leisure to relax my brain and not think too hard. But that's changed--today is my first day back. So far, so good . . . .

Sam and I had Dan, a friend of mine from my time in NYC, visit this weekend. We did much of our (what used to be) usual, drinking like sailors until the early hours of the morn and laughing our heads off the whole time. After he left the next morning, Sam (with an upset stomach and rings under her eyelids) told me we need to do that more often. Not the reaction I expected, I'll admit. It was the best "get it in before school begins" weekend I could have had, though. Thanks, Dan!

This past Thursday I had my first day on the job as Evening Supervisor/Reference Librarian at Pine Manor College. It's a very small (500 students) college west of Boston, which focuses on lower-middle class students from varied ethnic and cultural backgrounds. That's a roundabout way of saying I'm not very busy. Last Thursday I counted 15 students who came into the library, 10 of whom came to use the computers to surf the internet. I did get my first reference question, however, which was exciting. And I think it's one I won't forget soon, also. A girl came and told me she needed an article on twins and telepathy. After figuring out that it was for a psychology class, I let her know that she wouldn't likely find any scholarly articles dealing with telepathy since it isn't, after all, real. Ended up getting her an article on twins and empathetic feelings, which she seemed happy with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not saying I buy into the twin telepathy bit, but it's sort of funny. I was just reading an article from this guy today before I checked your blog.

http://www.dprogram.com/twin_telepathy.html