January 10, 2007

at long last . . .

Well, I need to apologize for the unannounced hiatus I've taken from blogging these past few weeks. I doubt it's affected anyone adversely but, if it has, please email me and I'll allow you to unload your feelings of despair and abandonment.

So what's happened since I last blogged? Well, notably, James Brown died. That wildly coke-addled musician . . . he truly was one of the greatest showmen alive. They sure did pack them in for his funeral however--he got the ovations that were his due from the notoriously demanding audience of the Apollo while a host of the famous and common visited him. The worst thing about the funeral? Michael Jackson kissing James Brown's corpse. The best thing about the funeral? The fact that James Brown's outfit was changed each day. The saddest thing about the funeral? That he hasn't actually been buried yet. Apparently, lawsuits are being tossed around--you can read about it here.


ain't it funky now?

Aside from mourning, I had the good fortune to spend two weeks with my family and friends in Indiana. One week just isn't enough when there's so many people to see. I had a great time with them all, and would like to thank them for the great time they showed me--most notably my brother-in-law, who brought some great home-brewed beer. Thanks, Kent! And congratulations are in order for him as well, as he's now the interim director of a Hispanic cultural non-profit organization, Centro Hispano.

And with that I'll have to cut this post short. I have to catch a bus so I can go to my first day of training for the circulation desk at the library of Simmons. The vacation away from work sure was sweet, but from the looks of it this won't be the most demanding job I've ever held. My next post: media I picked up on during my vacation. Oh, boy!




Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

No comments: