November 29, 2006

Are you my caucasian?

I've been wondering if another season of Curb Your Enthusiasm was on its way and--gods be praised!--there will be another in 2007. If you haven't seen it or don't know what it is, well, it's the best damn show on television. There's no tres chic metropolitain women discussing orgasms over cosmos, no medical doctors dissing the system, no homicide dramas, no lawyers putting away the disgustingly bad guys (what I like to call "Special Perverts Unit")--just good ol' fashioned bumbling foolishness by Larry David. My favorite episode? Probably the one the title of this post comes from, where Larry meets Wanda Syke's new fiance, Krazee Eyez Killa (a cockeyed rapper). Not only is it great to hear Larry dissecting Krazee's lyrics but it leads into a two part episode of Larry getting something caught in the back of his throat--won't say what it is because that'll ruin it.

For drama, I've been watching The Sopranos, which I'm only into the first season of. Great stuff, though--just saw episode 5 last night, and it was probably the tightest script ever, really well written. It could almost stand on its own, which says a lot for a series.

Beyond that, I can't wait for TBS to play another 24 hours of A Christmas Story!


No comments: