April 26, 2007

another week, another project

So I'm playing hooky from my schoolwork. There's only three more projects to do but I've found way too many reasons not to do them. What have I been up to? Well, I read a comic book, read some blogs (this one is my favorite at the moment), listened to music, posted more pictures to Flickr, and tried not to play wii (which Sam bought me for my birthday).

On the topic of wii, let me give a little bit of information on it, for those of you who don't know what it is. It's a video game console, made by Nintendo, that represents a new market for video game systems. The controls are spatially interactive, meaning that you move the control within a 3-D environment and the game responds to these directions. An example of this is a baseball game, where you hold the controller like a bat and swing at the pitch. If you're playing with two players, one person controls the batter and the other the pitcher. Here's a video from youtube that shows what this type of gaming looks like:



Needless to say, playing video games on the wii is no longer just sitting your butt on the couch. This looks like it's the next generation of video games, because Nintendo and other video game programmers were able to apply this technology to create very fun and interesting games.

In other news, today I've posted new photos to flickr (see photostream at right), mainly because I wanted to show you all a picture of my daily torment. In the mornings I tend to get up around 7 or 8, have a cup of coffee and surf the Internet. Now I usually get involved in my surfing and don't get around to eating until 10 or so (it's just about 9.45am at the moment and my stomach is starting to grumble). Because of this, I have temptations that I face daily, this being the Entemann truck that's delivering its wares to the supermarket across the street.



Before I get light-headed and goofy from not eating, I'll end this post with my weekly tunes. Since it's spring and the weather is cooperating, I've decided to post a couple of happy-go-lucky tunes. The first of these is Van (the man) Morrison's "Jackie Wilson Said (I'm In Heaven When You Smile)" which is full of hand-clapping and la-da-da's. The second is The Velvet Underground's "Beginning To See the Light" which has a great lyric: "some people work very hard but never seem to get it right."

Next blog I'll try to post some videos that Sam and I took on our last hiking excursion to the Ipswitch Wildlife Sanctuary, where we saw a beaver and a very large snapping turtle and lots of mating birds. Oh boy!

2 comments:

AC4O said...

Is that you in the reflection of glass? Praying for muffins?

Mike said...

oh wow, I didn't notice that. I had my rosary and everything