December 11, 2007

my first official "shush"

Oh, glorious day! As of this moment, having just finished reading an article for Wednesday's Ya lit class, I am done with the semester. It certainly was a more intense semester than I had expected but well worth the hard work and effort. Not to mention the blood, sweat and tears. Man, what a great band.

All my crowing aside, I'm happy to have found the light at the end of the tunnel. I'll be using the time wisely, to finalize some wedding preparations, begin the process of looking for a job, visit family and friends in Indiana, and read a few good books. That doesn't mean I'm not hard at work, as I'm taking on extra hours to pad the wallet. And therein lies, ladies and gentlemen, the reason behind this post!

I've picked up an extra shift tonight, which is the day before finals for undergrads. The students are, understandably, both anxious and punchy--a regrettable side effect of the pressure they're all under. In this highly emotional state, many of the students have forgotten that two floors of the library are deemed "quiet" floors. You can't talk on your cellphone, you shouldn't be talking to your neighbor. That's all gone out the window now and it's up to me to put an end to it! And so I'll do, with a little humor. I found a couple of good pictures, so there'd be a little variation, and tried to make it as easily understood as possible. Can you tell me who the lady is? First one who gets it right earns a cookie!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Barbara Bush can keep her cookies. But the signs remind me of a modern day Stalin-esque propaganda poster.