September 6, 2007

play that banjer, boy!

let's start off with a song to begin this post, one to get you "in the mood" to read about my summer . . . this song's called "Jackson Stomp" and it's by the Mississippi Mud Steppers (it's off of the great Yazoo label's "Before the Blues Began, Vol. 1"--buy it!)

So I really only have ten minutes to write this post since I'm going into work this afternoon so here's a quick rundown of what kept me from posting to this blog:

see the last post for the beginning of the summer. after all that happened, Sam traveled to the Adirondacks to visit her friend in the backwoods for a week.

Sam returned, and we begun almost a month's-worth of weekends camping in New Hampshire. First we stayed at our favorite spot in Pillsbury State Park, where we got to chase the Pillsbury boy around and eat his delicious bread leavings. The next week we traveled to Crawford Notch in the White Mountains and stayed for four days with a large group of friends. While there we hiked around a bit and got to see the challenge that would face us on Sam's b-day weekend (Aug. 18th)--the very imposing Mt. Washington. The next weekend Sam's sister, Alana, visited us to help Sam shop for a wedding dress. Just before they got to their second stop, some nitwit ran a red light and plowed into the car. Both Sam and her sister were safe but it was so sad to see these two very happy girls be so bummed out. So I made pudding for them! And then the next week we hiked Mt. Washington. I'll be posting a video to YouTube here shortly, when I get the chance. So after all that, Sam and I didn't get enough of hiking mountains, so this past weekend we made out way to Mt. Monadnock--the second most-climbed mountain, after Mt. Fuji--and got our hike on! And glory be, we found a great hot dog stand on the drive there. School began the day after that and so now we're back to the grind and I'm back to posting.

If you want a visual depictions to go along with the narrative, visit my flickr page where I've uploaded the photos. I'll be labeling them and adding commentary as well soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are posting again. I felt the draw again myself today. Good luck with school. We should get some waffles soon. But not with bacon in them.